Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday Meanderings - 2.13.2012

About that comment regarding no winter; it snowed yesterday here in Austin! Well, if you stood very, very still and looked very, very hard, you might have noticed  - for the briefest of moments - some teeny, tiny frozen precipitation thingies falling from the sky that could possibly be interpreted as snow. Or not. High expected to be near 70 tomorrow.

Yes, I am still trying to adopt a healthier eating style, thank you for asking. I confess that after Christmas, and Super Bowl, and several other excuses I'm still a couple of pounds above my pre-Christmas weight. Time for another attitude adjustment.

I've been working on my bucket list. You know, that list of things you want to do before you kick the bucket. Here's what I have so far:
  1. Seek medical help
Watched some of the Grammys last night. I'm not normally a Grammy Watcher, but after small group, we stopped at Waterloo Ice House and that's what was on the big screen. It got me curious, so I turned it on when we got home (and promptly drove Barb into the other room). It didn't take long for me to remember why I don't do Grammys - I didn't know any of the artists, never heard any of the songs, and after seeing Niki Minaj, I don't think that will change soon. If it wasn't recorded in the 60's or 70's I have little use for it.

Having said that, there was a lot of homage to groups and singers of my prescribed era; they caught Brian Wilson in a lucid moment (he only forgot the words once) and the Beach Boys, with some help, performed "Good Vibrations" in a 50th anniversary performance. Glenn Campbell, suffering from dementia, held it together long enough to sing "Rhinestone Cowboys." Tony Bennett can't hit the high notes (for that matter neither can Sir Paul McCartney). Joe Walsh looked good, but he didn't have to sing.

I'm not sure what the intended message is here, but I, for one, think it's rather rude, whatever it is!


And since that was so unappealing, how 'bout something in better taste? Like this pig in a blanket.

No comments: