Monday, October 6, 2014

Monday Meanderings - 10.6.2014

Since Austin is now almost completely encircled with toll roads, I picked up a couple of TxTags for our vehicles the other day. The clerk carefully explained how to access my account online to keep up with the charges and payments, and even gave me an instruction sheet with all the needed information. However, when I got home, the website rejected all my attempts to log on.

I finally called the Customer Support Desk and explained my dilemma, and after several fruitless attempts, the support person asked, "What is your email address?" I told her, "Bob@*******." She laughed and said, "We had something else. I'll correct that." So while she is correcting my email address, I check the instruction sheet that I was given, and sure enough, they had  "Boob@*******."  Close, but no TxTag.

The AT&T saga continues, but this time the telephone support guy got it right. We still don't have our new phones, but at least the plan is all correct and working. While the telephone support guy was waiting on his manager to work out some details, we were chatting about this and that, and he asked  - since I lived in Texas - if I was a Cowboys fan, noting that they were off to a great start. I confessed that I was, even though I know if the Cowboys are 15 and 1 at the end of the regular season, they will break my heart in the playoffs.

Friday, there was a group of people surrounding one of those beach buggies, parked at the entrance to Virginia's on the Bay. I thought it might be a medical emergency of some kind; one of the men in the group turned to me and asked, "Do you have a crescent wrench in your car? My wife's seat belt won't release and she's trapped in the buggy."  Alas, we did not, but I assured her that we would bring her something to eat when we got ready to leave.

Same song, 4th verse. Welcome to Fangorn Forest. Beware the trees.

1 comment:

pat said...

I don't think there is any tree left.