Monday, November 10, 2014

Monday Meanderings - 11.10.2014

The new phones are here! The new phones are here! After a 41-day wait, AT&T finally got around to shipping our phones. I had to break a solemn oath that I would never go back to that AT&T store, but I decided in the end that was the quickest way to get everything transferred and up and running. It only took an hour and a half, and a good bit of that was because Barb has two Apple Ids (my bad) and it took some finagling to get everything brought across. Now if I could figure out what all the new settings and apps are.

Wandered into Whole Foods the other day. I decided it is a great place if you want some gourmet coffee, craft beer, high-scale pizza or sushi tacos. If you are just looking for some Sweet-N-Low it misses the mark.

Who knew? Found out that Austin must be the "Undying Lands" because Frodo lives here now. Yep, that Frodo. Sailed here from the Shire, I guess.

Also learned that Chuy's just opened its 59th store. I may need to get a move on if I'm going to visit all the Chuy's locations.

I came across a recipe the other day that suggested you could prepare a really nice low-cal waffle by adding egg white and baking powder to one of those high-protein pudding mixes and using that for the batter. Huh. I like me some waffle, so I tried it. I mixed the batter up according to the instructions and poured it into the Waffletron 9000. It was just the right amount to make one waffle so I think all is well.

Until I started hearing this hissing and sputtering sound and turned around to see batter beginning to ooze out on all sides. And then batter started to spew out on all sides! In about a two-foot circle! When it was all over, I had two waffle skins stuck to the top and bottom of my non-stick waffle iron and several square feet of waffle spew! I did get it all cleaned up before Barb got home, so she will never know.

1 comment:

pat said...

You do have trouble with waffles, don't you?