Monday, May 2, 2016

Monday Meanderings - 5.2.2016

I need one of these shirts. Just saying.

An article that came across one of my news feeds the other day was titled, "Thirteen things to do if you suddenly become filthy rich." Since I don't play the lottery, and I don't have any rich uncles, I didn't bother to read it. If I should somehow become filthy rich I'll hire someone to find that article for me.

Our mayor is urging all in ATX to skip coming to work on May 11. Well, work from home, if you can. If you can't, try alternate transportation, such as riding the bus, MetroRail, or on a bike. He says pretend the Pres is back in town. I'll let you know how that affected my personal commute to work. BwaaHaHa!

I tried that new Japanese method for decluttering my life. You know, the one where you hold a possession in your hand and if it doesn't give you pleasure, you dump it. Thus far, I've tossed a bunch of vegetables and an electric bill.

And here are some more words of wisdom stolen borrowed from the 'Net.

I spent a fortune on deodorant before I realized that people just didn't like me.  

I  decided that old age is when you still have something on the ball but you are just too tired to bounce it.  

I thought about making a fitness movie for folks my age and call it 'Pumping Rust'.  

Employment application blanks always ask who is to be called in case of an emergency.  
I think you should write, 'An ambulance.'  

The older you get the tougher it is to lose weight because by then your body and your fat have gotten to be really good friends.  

The easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a replacement.  

Did you ever notice: The Roman Numerals for forty (40) are XL?

The sole purpose of a child's middle name is so he can tell when he's really in trouble.

Aging: Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it.  

You know you are getting old when everything either dries up or leaks.  

1 comment:

pat said...

That person who tells you to get rid of things that don't give you joy is too young to have accumulated those treasures that give you joy at different periods in your life.

And thanks for the morning laugh!