Monday, May 30, 2016

Monday Meanderings - 5.30.2016

There is a reason our begonia plant is just gorgeous.
And it would be:
And, of course, it's the Memorial Day weekend, and historically the central Texas Area has experienced flooding on this weekend. This year is no different, with more than 100 homes in our area flooded after some areas received rainfalls exceeding 17 inches. Headed for higher ground.

Okay, I understand that gender identity has become more confusing as of late. When I was growing up it was fairly binary - men and women. So a "Now Hiring" sign used to need only the phrase "EOE" - Equal Opportunity Employer  - to be inclusive. But I noticed it is a lot more complicated now. Here's a sign we encountered this weekend.
 M/F/D/V/A is the tag line here; Male, Female, Disabled, Veteran, I understand, but what the heck is an A?  Advantaged? Addled? Anxious? Addicted? Autonomous? Affluent? Angry? Somebody help me out here.

No comments: