Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday Meanderings - 1.28.2012

SXSW is upon us once again. Picked up the Chronicle this week and saw a listing of the expected bands. You might check to see if your favorite is coming. If you don't find them they may be on the next page, which I didn't bother to copy. Yes, more than 1,500 bands are performing in Austin during the festival. Let's see, if I only listened to each band for 5 minutes, and I could get to the next venue in another 5 minutes, it would take me only 10.4 days to sample them all. Two hundred fifty non-stop hours. Might not happen.


Our church, like many others, sends us an acknowledgement of our contributions for the year. It is a required tax document and it contains the obligatory required statement, "no benefit was provided in return." Perhaps that can be stated in a better way. Or perhaps not.

I read that there is a serious shortage of chicken wings and here we are on the cusp of chicken wing Armageddon! Personally, for the Super Bowl I'm going for those little sausages. Oh, and lots of queso! And those little cheese cubes. And...

I leave you with an amusing video. Be sure to watch to the end.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Ha ha ha - bear laundry!