Monday, January 7, 2013

Monday Meanderings - 1.7.2013

First blog of the new year. So far, so good.

I think I mentioned that Barb had a birthday and is now older than me. I consoled her with the fact that she was one year closer to the age that the TSA agents stop asking you to take off your shoes when you go through airport security. She was not as encouraged about this as I expected.

Saw a roofing company truck with a big sign painted on the back: "Roof gone to hail? Call us."

Interest in Duck Dynasty, or Ms Kay's Sweet Potato Pie, or both, has landed 259 Google searchers on this blog. That's no where near the leader - the 1,230 hits because of the post about an old album of 78 records.

I agree with my son-in-law: isn't there another choice we could make for BCS Champion? Notre Dame or Alabama. Really? I had enough trouble with Oklahoma and A&M in the Cotton Bowl. And shouldn't the Cotton Bowl be played in the Cotton Bowl? What's up with that?

Barb and I both wear medical ID bracelets. Mine has my name, emergency contact information, drug and allergy information. Here's a picture of Barbs:


I resolved to keep all my New Year's Resolutions for at least the first couple days. I'm glad that's over.

No comments: