Monday, February 10, 2014

Monday Meanderings- 2.10.2014

Wow! Talk about good timing! Football ends and the Winter Olympics begin! And as I have stated many time before, I'm a pushover for any kind of Olympics, and this year there's some 1,500 hours of coverage, counting streaming internet. Let's see - 16 days divided by... hey, that's only 93 hours of coverage a day. I may have to tape some of it.

What's your earliest Olympics memory? I can remember when Bobby Morrow won gold in Melbourne in 1956 but I probably didn't see any of that. However, I do remember watching - along with most of the residents of Mabee dorm - when class-mate Earl Young won gold in the 1960 games in Rome. Haven't missed one since.

Checked in with my CPAP doctor this past week. You will recall that a CPAP, or Constant Positive Air Pressure machine pumps air into a nasal mask while you sleep and prevents the soft tissue from closing and stopping the air flow, thereby preventing snoring and heading off a plethora of dread conditions and diseases, such as dandruff, fallen arches, and the heartbreak of psoriasis, to mention just a few.

I told my doc that when I sleep on my back, there will still sometimes be a little glottal stop, which wakes me up. His solution was to set the air pressure higher on the CPAP machine. Much higher. Did you know that at some point the pressure can be so high that you have difficulty overcoming the airflow coming in and you feel that you can't exhale? And did you know that if you leave the setting that high, all night you dream that you are a balloon float in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade?

Okay bacon lovers. Here's the ultimate distribution method.
Yep. Squeez Bacon. Real bacon (well, once upon a time) in a form that requires no preparation and no refrigeration.  Just grab the bottle and squeeze out a few slices. Or a few strips. Or a glob or two of re-constituted, homogenized, pureed bacon goop. Yum!

No comments: