Monday, July 6, 2015

Monday Meanderings - 7.6.2015

Well, Carly got her hat trick, Abby got her trophy, and I survived 58 Women's World Cup games! It was a great tournament and I enjoyed watching it and goofing around about it on Facebook. Among the arcane facts surrounding the tournament was a news item that Austin came in 4th in the US in TV viewers. I take great pride in the role I played in that!

Still reading about Robert E. Lee at the studio. If the author of the book is to be believed, if Lee had had a few capable Generals, the outcome of the war would have been different. Of course, that also says that if the Union Army had had a few capable Generals the war would have ended quickly.

Lost another high school classmate several days ago. He was actually a year behind me, and as was the custom then, all of us sophomores in the band really hassled the new freshman. Joe got tired of my harassment and invited me to settle it behind the band hall. I foolishly accepted; he popped me in the nose right off the bat and that was that. In my one and only fist fight I learned that I was not very good at it, and Joe and I went on to become great friends.

I've been scanning photo prints these last few weeks. You remember photo prints, don't you? It became obvious that I wasn't going to put all those photos in binder albums, so I'm trying to create "digital" albums. It's a little late to be handing out this advice, but you will be much, much happier in years to come if YOU WRITE THE DATE on the packet from Walgreen's, or Walmart, or wherever you used to have your film developed. Better yet, put the date on the pictures themselves. I don't know why photo labs stopped putting dates on prints.

1 comment:

pat said...

Yes, I've been trying to establish when we made the first Flag Cake for the Fourth. We have narrowed it down to somewhere between 1994 and 1997 by looking at pictures of the first kids shown with it.