Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Did I say retired?

It's just not fair. My former and sometimes boss had a project at the office he wanted me to do, so he called...Mom. And says, "You about ready to get Bob out of the house?" Just how underhanded can you get?

This was last week, so I had some time to get used to the idea, but I have to say it didn't help. I still felt like a condemned man. "Well, tomorrow I have to go turn myself in and start serving my time." Tomorrow is today, so I got my act together this morning and went back to my old office and it's like I never left!

I don't know the scope of this yet, but I've got a feeling that I'm going to be going in to the office quite a bit - probably till the end of the year. Surplus Lines of Texas is "modernizing" the application that we did for them about 10 years ago and I'm one of the few who remain who can dig the business rules out of the existing application.

But the good news is that we can quit wondering if we can afford to go to Peru in November. Of course, the bad news is that now there are no excuses for not going to Peru in November.

Now, if I could just remember my password.

1 comment:

pat said...

You need to look up that word "retired" in your new dictionary. I don't think you quite have the concept.