Friday, August 22, 2008

Some things are not worth a lousy four bucks!

"Welcome to the Red Lobster guest satisfaction survey. Your opinions are very important to us and we greatly appreciate your help. To complete the survey, you'll use your telephone keypad to answer a few questions. To express our thanks, we'll give you a code at the end of the survey that validates the offer shown on your receipt."

"Let's get started."

Please!

"To begin, please press 1 on your telephone keypad now. "

Beep.

"Great. Look at the Red Lobster recipt that has the toll-free number for the survey on it. Near where it says "your opinion counts" is a twelve-digit ID number. Please enter that number now. Press the pound key when you've finished entering."

Good grief. Why 12 digits long? Okay, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep... Rats!! Wrong number. Now what?

"I'm sorry, but the ID number you entered is not valid."

I know, I know! I punched the wrong number!

"Be sure your entry is the correct ID number. It's twelve digits long and it's printed on your Red Lobster receipt near where it says your opinion counts."

Yes, I know where the number is, but it's too long!

"If you've located the correct ID number please reenter it now."

If you will give me a break, I will!

"Be sure to press each digit firmly when entering."

Okay! I'm sorry. I made mistake! Can we get past it?

"Then, when you've finished, press the pound key."

Finally!! Okay. Beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep... [expletive deleted]!!!

"I'm sorry, but the ID number you entered is not... click!

1 comment:

Rob said...

Reminds me of the time we took our call center callers out to say thank you for the good job they had done. Went to a fairly nice restaurant and spent over $200. The wait person comes over, hands me the receipt, and tells me that if I will call the number on the ticket, I can get $2.00 off my next meal. She was slightly embarrassed to have to tell me it was only $2. I didn't call.