Saturday, February 21, 2009

Productive day

I've been chafing at the four-day work week for some time now (I know there are some having trouble working up any sympathy for me, to which I say tough cookies!) so when the project manager said we were removing a large segment of the project from the current schedule, I magnanimously volunteered to cut back to three days a week, team player that I am. Starting this past Friday!

Having Friday as our run-around, do the shopping, go to the library, etc. day leaves us a gloriously free Saturday. We did leave the house at noon to go eat some wings with coupons we get when the Ladies win, but otherwise we hung out at home and got a lot done. Mom studied Greek (big test next week); in fact she's still studying. I worked on an office project for several hours and then turned to (drum roll, please....) Taxes.

Well, okay. I opened up the program and imported last year's information. Oh, and sorted some papers. Phew! No need in overdoing it. Now I'm watching Texas and Oklahoma play roundball. First half went to Texas. We'll see about the second half (not holding my breath).

Later I'll check in on Facebook, then have a snack and get back to my latest book (W.E.B Griffin). Yes sir, a very productive day, if I do say so. Now where did I leave that remote?

1 comment:

Julie said...

You know, I was thinking just the other day that how you view your free time is completely relative to your situation. Of course, I am a homebody, and love to have any 100% stay-at-home day. However, I find myself now thinking my schedule is really full with things to do four mornings this week...I know, I know. (And I am really enjoying it.)