Monday, January 3, 2011

Monday Meanderings - 1.3.2011

I actually was awake to ring in the New Year! True, I was in bed, but hadn't drifted off to sleep before the fireworks announced 2011. We're such party animals. Earlier, we had an early dinner at Marie Callenders; the waiter said it was good that we were early on what those in the food and beverage call "amateur night." They call it that because all the inexperienced insist on getting swizzled on this occasion.

Update on the watch band calendars.  You can still order them from the latest Miles Kimble catalog! A set of twelve calendars for only $4.99 plus S&H! I don't know how many sets there were originally - 2,500? 3,000? No way to tell, but we are talking about - at today's prices - as much as $15,000!!! No telling what they will be worth in eleven more years! Uhh, John, about those calenders I gave you...

Watching a lot of Bowl games lately - who would have thunk it? And I see from time to time, notices about players (mostly Bart Favre) taking concussion tests. Now I ask you - what does a concussion test look like? Do they hit you in the head until you pass out? "Nope! Failed that sucker!"

Have to get used to the new phones. I called Barb the other day - she said she was at a store counter and this phone kept ringing and ringing. Finally the clerk said, "Uh, ma'am. That's your phone." And, my, they are touchy! just one finger-tip on a phone number - any phone number, and that puppy starts calling. I've had to apologize to a lot of friends and relatives this week while working on contacts.

1 comment:

pat said...

You have to be really quick don't you to end those wrong calls.