Monday, December 17, 2012

Monday Meanderings - 12.17.2012

Here's an update on how Uncle Bob's Sweet Potato and Pecan Pie fared at the Cousin's Christmas. I guess it was okay.


 Status report on IH35: the good news is that for the first time in many, many years there is no highway construction in the Hillsboro area. The bad news is that everything between Belton and Waco is under construction. TxDot is weird. The speed limit between the split and Burleson is 65mph on a smooth, straight divided highway. The speed limit on the construction area, squeezed between concrete dividers on a twisty, bumpy road is 70mph! And it is not encouraging to see lighted sign boards every 20 miles or so telling how long it will take to get to the next town or crossroad.

And on the subject of driving, it's a great relief to be paying less than $3.00 for gas these days, even if I am in the oil bidness and lower prices at the pump means less royalty income.

We are remodeling the pulpit area at our church, and as a result the baptistry is unavailable. So, to accommodate those wanting to be baptized, we added this temporary fount.


You may notice that only skinny people get to be saved, according to this accommodation. It's less apparent, but the folks that set this up put it right next to a floor box full of electrical circuits. This way, those wanting to go to heaven can be assured of a very fast trip, with no chance of backsliding. All it takes is one little slosh.

I've been wearing the Santa hat some this past week. Someone asked me if Barb acted the role of Mrs. Santa when I adopt that persona. I told them that they didn't know my wife well, did they? She supports me in many ways, but I'm on my own with the Santa thing.

It's good to have all the Christmas decorations up. Barb got everything set up on Friday. What do you think?


Festive, don't you think?

No comments: