Friday, October 3, 2008

Am I in the right classroom?

For some reason, my Conversational Spanish class is meeting in a room that is obviously set up for teaching would-be health workers. There are glass cases full of skeletons and skeletal parts; there are cases of anatomically correct plaster body parts, including one partial body with the label "Annie." There are charts of the muscular system, the nervous system, the gastric system and some systems that I am not sure of. I know that in the closet there are several resuscitation dummies. It's a little unnerving.

However, this might come in handy when we get to the really conversational part of this class. I mean, how better to teach those really important words that you need to know than by pointing to plaster replicas? So far, Aunt Bea has refrained from doing this, but I'm sure that if this class is truly meant to equip one to speak like a native we'll get to that soon.

1 comment:

pat said...

You gotta learn it all!