Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Okay, I admit it. It's beyond me.

Brinnggg!

"Hello."

"Hey Dad! We're at the ACU ballgame and I need you to keep me posted on the UT-Missouri score!"

"Okay. I can do that."

"Bye!"

"All right! Texas scores!"
blip-bleep-blip - - brinnggg!

"Hello?"

"It's seven - oh! Missouri went three and out and Texas scored on their first possession!"

"What? I can't hear you. You are supposed to text me!"

Oh, okay, BUT IT'S SEVEN TO NOTHING!"

"Okay. Seven to nothing. I got it. Text me, okay? Bye!"

"Yes! Texas scores again! Let's see now... (blip) Messaging... (blip) Text Messages... (blip) Write New... (blip) oh, wait! (beep, beep, blip) Okay...(blip, blip) How do I make a number? Never mind... (blip, blip Ty) - uh, no - (blip, blippty, blip Two#) - no, (blip - Two blip, blip, blip) how do I make a space? Okay! (blip Two pop) No, not p! I want to type an s!! (bleep bleep...) Wait! What happened?"

Brinnggg!


"I have a text message! Now what do I do? (blip, blip..) Aha!"

10/18/08
07:48PM
U guys falling
down on the job.
*** End ***

blip-bleep-blip - - brinnggg!

"Hello?"

"IF YOU KNOW THE SCORE WHY DO I NEED TO TEXT YOU!"

"Oh, never mind. The guy behind us has a TV."

bleep!


3 comments:

Rob said...

What he left off was that in the time it took him to try and figure out how to text, UT scored twice. And in his defense, he did finally get a text sent off ... with the final score!

Barbara said...

I suggested that when everyone is here Thanksgiving we get Jericho to teach us how to text. :) Mom

Julie said...

Well, I have to say that I do love texting - esp. at times like these, when the boys at gone and we text to keep up with them. For those of you who don't know, the boys are at Disneyworld with Larry and Carol and I've been texting/receiving texts from them all the time. (I'm thinking now that I forgot to tell you guys about that trip...)

Anyway, Jason showed me how to t9 text, and it is great - much easier.