Monday, September 15, 2014

Monday Meandering - 9.15.2014

I don't think I understand how this blogging stuff works. I wrote a post back in December, 2010 about Basil Clemons, a unique individual who captured much of the oil-boom days and early history of my hometown in photographs. Last week, a  few hundred blogs and 4 years later,  someone commented on that post. So I guess it's true that things that get placed on the Internet live forever. I get that.

But there's more... the comment cast aspersions on an individual named in the post. I responded, both to the commenter and in the post comment section, that there was no basis for the accusation that was made. There. That should take care of that.

But here's the part I don't understand. Within 24 hours I had received 3 more comments; 2 that excoriated (verb : to criticize someone or something very harshly) the 1st commenter and one that said the disparaged person was a relative of theirs. Don't bother looking. I deleted all of the comments.

Tell me. How does a comment on a 4-year old blog post all the sudden generate a flurry of comments?  Are people checking back daily to see if, after all these years, someone said something disparaging about Uncle Whatshizname? Is there a secret web site that gathers flaming posts and alerts the troops? IMWTK.

I've been waiting all summer for that first cool spell, when one can comfortably sit out on the patio to enjoy one's morning coffee. According to the weather dudes, Saturday was going be the day. Sure enough, a cold front blew through Friday night and Saturday morning was... too cool to sit on the patio without a jacket! I hadn't been that cold since we were in Alaska. But Saturday was a nice stay-indoors-and-listen-to-the-rain day, and it has been a long time since we had one of those!

I have seen birds flying around in Walmart before, but I don't think I have ever seen one walking down the aisle. Someone needs to get this guy a cart.

No comments: