Monday, September 22, 2014

Monday Meanderings - 9.22.2014

Yay! Rain. The new rain gauge got a workout this past week; nearly 3 inches accumulated over several days. It has been a long time since we have enjoyed a rainy day.

And the frogs are back. Not sure where they go doing the dry spells, but after a couple of days of rain they are croaking and peeping on the patio. One of them sounds like the smoke detector low-battery chirp. Sort of drives you crazy. Was the hall detector, or the frog again?

Another limb from the pecan tree bit the dirt. This makes two for us, two for the next door neighbor and one for the neighbor down the street. A guy up the street has preemptively propped up a bunch of limbs in his tree with long boards. It makes for an adventure every morning - peer out the window and see if anything fell over the night.

I called the lawn guys this time for help with cutting up and hauling off the limb. It looked like it required some ladder work and homey don't do ladder work anymore. About two hours after I called, one guy in a pickup pulled up, took out one of those chain saws on a long pole, and about 15 minutes later had everything trimmed and loaded and took off.

My Bible app on my phone dropped me in the grease yesterday. In class, I was asked to read a portion of Hebrews. I really prefer to do this from the printed page, but I had left my "real" Bible at home, so I punched up the passage on my phone and began reading. About halfway through, I found myself describing the lamb with 7 wings and 7 eyes. Wait! That's not in Hebrews! I've read Hebrews and there's no 7 wings and 7 eyes!

Sure enough, the app had seamlessly segued into Revelation 5 and next time I'll pass if asked to read and I don't have my print Bible.

No comments: