Monday, March 2, 2015

Monday Meanderings - 3.2.2015

I may have posted these before. That's one of the nice things about getting old; you get to enjoy a lot of new things - all over again.

Here are a few things that I'm pretty sure my grandchildren have never seen, and possibly some my children have missed. We'll start with an easy one:
While the item in question is the photo on the left, I'm pretty sure the item on the right will be a mystery as well.

And after you got your stamps, you had to paste them in those little books.

Of course, I never needed one of these.

The actual question here is, do they know what film is?

All right, I confess. I didn't know about milk chutes either. At our house, the milkman just left the bottles on the front step. And there were little round cardboard disks used for stoppers.

They called these "no-draft" windows, but there was still a draft.


It's not the pull tab. It's the tab coming off the container. Sometimes.

"I've got a brand new pair of roller skates, you've got a brand new key. I think that we should get together and try them on to see."


I'm giving no clues here. You tell me what it is.

1 comment:

Bill said...

The bottom picture is a tube tester. Remember tubes? The things in your tv set that made it work.