Monday, February 8, 2016

Monday Meandering 2.8.2016

And another Super Bowl has come and gone. I'm reminded of "Hollywood" Henderson's (I know - some will have to Google him) quote, "If it's the ultimate game, why are they going to play it again next year?"

I must say that I was very happy for the way this particular game turned out. I'm not exactly a Cam Newton hater, but it was really a vindication of sorts that Peyton - thanks to incredible effort from his team - emerged the victor. In a sport filled with shallow and posturing individuals - not to mention a handful of outright thugs - Peyton stands tall as a person of character and credibility.

If this was his last rodeo, the Sheriff got to ride off into the sunset after saving the day.

Now. About that half-time. I guess the best thing I can say is that Barb and I are not the demographic target for the Super Bowl half-time show. And only a couple of commercials appealed to us. The others were just weird.

One sobering thought about the Super Bowl. Barb and I have seen them all. Time flys when you're having fun.

And just so you know, we partied with the best of them during the game. Here's a photo of our game-time snacks.
Plus, we had jicama "fries!" Do we know how to have a good time, or what?

No comments: