Monday, February 29, 2016

Monday Meanderings - 2.29.2016

And good Leap Day to you all. Don't believe I've had the opportunity to wish that while blogging.

 If you are seeking employment, you can get a job in a minute in Port Aransas. The Spring Break season starts next week and every restaurant, souvenir stand and lodging place has a "Help Wanted" sign prominently posted.

Yep, we wandered down to the beach last week, as is often our habit. Thursday and Friday were blustery and a bit chilly; Saturday approached perfection.

I encountered a gentlemen coming from the beach with his fishing equipment, so I asked how his day had been. He said that the fishing had been exquisite; the catching was for naught.

The best news might be that we found a nice little Coffee and Gelato place down at Port A. We became great gelato fans on our last cruise, so we were happy to see that shop. Those types of establishments come and go quickly, so we'll have to check on it on our next trip.

Back on the home front, I learned from a recorded-message phone call that the IRS was about to sue me, and that this was my last chance to redeem myself. All my friends have already received this message, so I was sort of relieved that I didn't get left out.

And there's an update on the "Two Guys and a Chain Saw" tree service. One of the guys stopped by the neighbor's house the other day -- on crutches. Probably to let our neighbor know that he wouldn't be finishing her tree trimming job. My guess is that my neighbor and her neighbors on either side of her considered this good news.

Ranking right up there with the IRS message is a Spam folder full of email from or about Donald Trump. For example, there is one titled "Trump's IQ Booster." Oh, I'm responding to that one! And there's another titled "Donald Trump's Simple Financial Plan." Funny. I can't find one titled "Hillary's Email Management Tips" or Cruz's "How to Win Friends Secrets."

And here's a little tourism booster that my Sis called to my attention.

No comments: