Monday, November 14, 2016

Monday Meanderings - 11.14.2016

The latest development with our Vietnamese lady pecan-gatherer (apart from being such a fixture in our yard and flower bed that I fear people will start mistaking her for one of those yard gnomes) is that she now rolls the trash cart from the street to the house after the trash trucks have emptied it. I wonder if I put a lawn mower out, would she start mowing the grass to make it easier to search for pecans? Maybe I should try that. I'll keep you posted.

My primary care physician is changing his practice to a "boutique" or "concierge" style, which means I had to scramble to find a new primary care doctor. I was able to sign up with a doctor that I really like, and as part of the process she needed to get my records transferred to her. I'm not sure what she will do with them - I took a look at some of the office visit notes, and I can't make out a single thing he wrote down, and I know what the visit was about! Here's a sample:
I'm pretty sure my new doctor is going to have to get a pharmacist to read this. I know I can't.

Had an unusual experience in a Tex-Mex restaurant (NOT Chuy's, BTW); the manager came over to warn of us slow service and to warn us that they had tried a new tortilla recipe and the result was that "our tortillas are not good today." Gotta respect that.

Leon Russell died this past week. Leon's music was sort of an acquired taste, but I have a couple of his songs on my "135 Best Rock Songs" playlist. I met Mr Russell once,  at - of all places - a computer expo in Dallas. I was wandering the back aisles of the exhibit hall and came across a small booth manned by a white-haired, long-bearded hippy who looked very familiar.

I commented that he was out of place, and he laughed and said that he was just baby-sitting the booth for some friends. Turns out that Leon had gotten interested in micro computers (what we called the devices before they became personal computers) while passing long hours on the tour bus. We chatted about computers a bit and about Austin a bit (he performed here often in those days), and I moved on. RIP Leon.

1 comment:

Pat said...

I think one of the entries says nasal polyps!