Monday, April 16, 2012

Monday Meanderings - 4.16.2012

It has taken me a while, but I've just about figured out all the cryptic shorthand messages embedded in tweets and FaceBook. Things like LOL and FWIW. In fact, after some careful study I've discovered that Seniors have developed our own shorthand. Like:

ATD - At The Doctors
BFF - Best Friend Fell
BTW - Bring The Wheelchair
BYOT - Bring Your Own Teeth
CBN - Covered By Medicare
CUATSC - See You At The Senior Center
DWI - Driving While Incontinent
FWBB - Friend With Beta Blockers
FWIW - Forgot Where I Was
FYI - Found Your Insulin
GGPBL - Gotta Go; Pacemaker Battery Low
GGJIO - Gotta Go; Jeopardy is on
GGTLKI - Gotta Go; Laxative Kicking In
GHA - Got Heartburn Again
IMHO - Is My Hearing Aid On?
LOL - Living On Lipitor
LMDO - Laughed my Dentures Out
OMMR - On My Massage Recliner
OMSG - Oh My! Sorry, Gas
ROFLACGU - Rolling on Floor Laughing And Can't Get Up
TTYL - Talk To You Louder
WAITT - Who Am I Talking To?
WWNO - Walker Wheels Need Oil
...and for my family...
HAGDT; HAGBM
Yesterday in church there were  two count-down clocks projected  on the front walls of the auditorium. When we walked in, the displays read "20 Days, 23 hours, 50 minutes and 16 seconds till Floodgate." Floodgate is the Sunday that we make a large single contribution to cover many of the ministries that fall outside the budget (as well as some budgeted areas). The displays are counting down, of course, all the while. I was discussing this with a CPA friend between services, and he said, "Did Kevin preach a sermon this morning? If so, I missed it 'cause I was too busy watching the numbers change." Perhaps the staff needs to rethink this particular method of reminding us about Floodgate. Just Saying.

Have you seen this yet? Nicely done, and worth 2 minutes of your time.

No comments: