Friday, November 4, 2011

Curiously popular post

Back in May, I wrote a blog about a man named Broderick James, who has come to be known as "Austin's Running Man." He's the dude that could be seen most days - never mind the triple-digit temperatures - running and jogging in place and making like Rocky on the courthouse steps. Except he was doing all this on a swath of grass by the HEB until construction moved him across the street to the Sonic lawn.

I mentioned that he says he runs "because I am free. I run to inspire others to be bold in their dreams, their thinking, and be who they were created to be. I offer true optimism through my dedication to the city and its people thereof. I run to show that I am opposed to poverty, stress, depression, and obesity."

I also mentioned later that corporate HEB was keeping a very close eye on Mr. James and they visited my blog regularly to see if there was more news about the gentleman. Seems HEB is not the only one interested in the Running Man. I have had more visits to this particular blog than to any other blog I've written save one - all from people Googling "Austin Running Man" or something similar.  More than 140 people have accessed this blog entry as a result of a search. Some have even left comments. Like this one posted just a few days ago:
"Well, I know Broderick James Jr. personally, we first moved here when he came back home from Iraq. Broderick doesn't tell people he has children or even acknowledge them. I was very sad when someone that knows Broderick and I and our children, informed me that he says that he doesn't have children. I wonder if that is the reason why they do not get phone calls on birthdays, Christmas, or any other holidays. He is a great guy but when you don't take care of your children and you help everyone else, what does that really say about you. I'm not saying dead beat dad like others, but that's what it's called."
 So now it appears that I can add a new dimension to my blog. Marriage and Family Counseling. Maybe I can get a TV show.

The Doctor is in.

No comments: