Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday Meanderings - 5.21.2012

 
If you are keeping score (and I am) of the tomato harvest, here's the count, after the picture above:
  • Us - 3
  • Squirrels - 5 (including those two near-ripe beauties on the right)
  • Still in play - 5
I need to borrow a shotgun, please.
 
It's official. Google searches for "The Running Man" which return my blogs on the dude that runs up and down the HEB median are now second to searches for "old records" which returns my entry about the mystery album of old 78 rpm phonograph records that I found on the shelf. Interestingly, most of these inquiries come from outside the United States, and most have been within the last month. I have no idea what prompted that.
 
I noticed the other day that every time we are driving somewhere, Barb's hands are always in a prayerful position. I think there's a subtle message there.
 
They announced yesterday was to be "Senior Sunday" at church, so I dressed up so that I would look good when they recognized us Seniors. Shoot, they didn't even ask us to stand up. They didn't even have a Senior Moment! I showed them, however. I deducted 10% from my contribution.
 
And I want you to look carefully at this:
 
 
Yes, it's bacon, BUT... it's candied bacon! Coat with brown sugar and cinnamon and bake until you can't wait any more. Excuse me while I add a few pounds!
 

No comments: