Monday, April 15, 2013

Monday Meandering - 4.15.2013

Happy Tax day! What? You haven't started? Good luck with that.

I'm pleased to report that the big pecan out front leafed out this past week. I attribute it fully to the earnest conversations we had daily.  When the first leaves sprang forth, there was applause. Well done.

There are a number of small electronic signs around town that convey city-related messages, much like the big TxDot signs do for the highway. This week they all say, "Don't drink, then walk, drive or bike." I guess all that's left is to run. "Why yes, officer, I am jogging drunkenly down the street. It's the only option left available to me."

Went to the coast this past week. I'm pretty certain that by now you understand that I enjoy being AT the coast, but really dislike GOING to the coast! Wildflowers were less abundant this trip than they have been on other Spring trips. The roadsides below Lockhart, down to about Kenedy had a good representation, but nothing out in the fields. The only area that had a wide-spread blanketing of flowers was along the toll road; delightful swaths of bluebonnets. Of course, at 85mph, they tend to be a blur.

I've mentioned that it is good to be in the oil bidness - especially in the region over the Eagle Ford Shale in South Texas.  If you are not in the oil play, you can get rich renting travel trailers and modular housing! Or space to park them!
We got a free upgrade at the beach condo where we stay; moved up to the 4th floor. It's just like the 1st and 2nd floors - our normal rental range - but you can see more of the ocean since you are above all the neighboring properties. This unit was just a tad fancier than the ones we normally stay in, as well.

I did not win any points with Barb on this trip. While looking over the accommodations, she said, "I wish we could find a place with a king-size bed - and recliners." I said, "I know of just such a place. Home."
Saw this on a vehicle at Port A. I need me one of these signs!

No comments: