Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Monday Meandering (on Tuesday) - 4.02.2013

Well, the Re-tire deal didn't work out. When I came out this morning the car had four flat tires. Actually, flat is not descriptive enough; the rims were bare, sitting on four piles of rubber dust! Of course, Pedang didn't answer his phone or text me back, so the deal is off! If you see the little weasel let me know,

Why yes, the weather did turn cold after moving the indoor greenery outdoors and putting out the tomato plants! A couple of days in the direct sun (before I could get the sun shade up) and a couple of nights in the low 30's did some damage, but I think everything will survive.

I mentioned the trend where panhandlers are flying mega-signs. The guy who had the sign that started "All the musicians have come to SXSW to show the world how good they are, but I don't have the time or the $$$ to indulge....." was back the other morning with another lengthy message that started "Okay, this is day 7 of..." and that's all I got. This time I was so intrigued, I circled around and got in the left-hand turn lane in order to be next to where he was working. My plan was to give him a couple of bucks and take a picture of his sign. Alas, traffic fortunes were against me on two attempts to get close; both times I was too far away and a line of cars behind me wouldn't let me stop.

On my way home the other day I stopped to get the car inspected. I debated about it a bit, because I really needed a restroom break, but I didn't want to go all the way home and then come all the way back. The place we go has been really snappy previously, so I stopped. You know where this is going, don't you? New guy. New, chatty guy. New, really, really chatty guy.


No comments: