Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday Meanderings - April 26

We stopped by the hospital the other day to visit a friend, and as we were leaving there was a public address announcement "Code Purple - all Emergency Room personnel." This was repeated several times and I wondered what that code might be. The exit took us past the Emergency area and no one looked alarmed, so I decided it must mean something like "Please gather up all the wheel chairs and take them back where they belong" or something like that. Until we stepped outside and saw a plethora of police cars arriving at a high rate of speed - some with lights and sirens, and we decided it must mean something more serious but we didn't stay to see what it might have been.

Lunched at Mama Roux the other day (wonderful gumbo) and afterward  Barb "happened" to notice that there is a new yogurt shop along the lines of the Yodigity place we enjoyed in California; serve yourself the type of frozen yogurt you desire, top to your heart's content and pay by the ounce pound. There was a lot of fresh fruit available and that made a great combination. Glad it's not real close or some place we drive by daily.

And thanks to my children, who got me hooked on Words with Friends, and my sister for brokering a wonderful deal, and my wife who gave it to me for an early Birthday present, I can now play on my very own iTouch. If you are a WwF player, and you aren't much good, start a game with deda1215.

And our Anacacho Orchid tree is blooming:


Unfortunately, this isn't it, but wouldn't it be nice?

1 comment:

pat said...

I was going to be so jealous if that was your tree! And I am jealous if you have a tree with that potential.