Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Who's the April Fool?

Most of you know that nighttime is usually a restless time for me. And that sometimes during the night I get these "revelations." Okay, more accurately they are aberrations of consciousness caused by sleep deprivation. Last night - all night - it seemed good to me to concoct this elaborate blog entry about Mom and I having breakfast at Frans when Brad and Angelina come into Frans, guests of Harry Knowles, the guy here in Austin who seems to have the ear of all the important film stars.

They would, of course, sit at the table next to us, accompanied by some guy in a suit - press agent, publicist, whatever - and he and Harry would have all the conversation while Brad sat moodily and Angelina.... ( I never worked out what she was to be doing during breakfast). I was going to describe how nobody else in the place recognized them (Fran's is not a place that many "with it" folks frequent). I worked out a lot more detail but you get the drift. And then at the conclusion of the piece I would remind you that that's how our day started on this 1st day of April and from that you would recognize that you had been duped by my hilariously elaborate April Fool's joke.

Well, thus far morning has always followed the night and in the cold light of day my great gag is looking a lot like last week's fish. I tried, but I just couldn't get it to compare to the cleverness I felt while tossing and turning last night. So, the joke is on me.

It is true that Brangelina is in town; he's filming "Tree of Life" over in Smithville, and they have rented a big ranch house out there somewhere. And they have been spotted in town from time to time (and at the Smithville Wal-Mart!). She's actually great with child at the moment so I'm sure she's not up for greasy eggs and hash browns and cream gravy at Fran's anyway.

So never mind. Have a great April 1st. No joke.

1 comment:

pat said...

Hey, I had a real live, no April Fool joke, contact with Harrison Ford. He was eating at the same restaurant we 25 ladies from Tue. Bible Class were and one of the women asked if he would come in the area where we were and say "Hello" after he got through eating. He did. Came in saying, "Hello Church Ladies." He talked a minute and answered questions about his new movie. He looks just like he does in the movies.