Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday Meanderings

Okay, I know that we had a lot of visitors on Easter Sunday who are not very familiar with church stuff - and I know that this is the age of technology - but I still was not prepared for "text your response to the invitation to my cell phone - there's the number on the screen; text 'A' if you want to know more about Jesus, 'B' if you want to know more about baptism and 'C' if you want to know more about Westover." There were more traditional options too, but I'm just saying...

I wonder what sort of business paints the slogan (and only the slogan) "If it ain't commercial we don't need your stinking business!" on the side of its truck?

Something you really, really don't want to see on your computer screen:
STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000034 (0x00000000 0x0000000)
The system has been shutdown.

Be careful about using FaceBook. A man in Canberra, Australia was notified on FB that he had lost his home after defaulting on his mortgage. The law firm that notified him had exhausted every other means of notification, since the guy was obviously dodging them. It took court approval to use FB; I guess they didn't have to ask to be his friend.

The woodpecker that was banging on the owl house the other day has been coming to the feeder, and the other day I saw that there was a pair of them! They are beautiful birds - I have them tentatively identified as Red Bellied Woodpeckers. The Bird Book says the name is sort of misleading - the red is hard to see - I certainly didn't see any and every thing else matches so maybe I have the correct ID.

What is it with women in California that lead the police on long car chases? There was another incident last week. This time I did NOT spend 45 minutes watching it live; I just checked out the 30 second TV news version.

And, I leave you with a little something to dance to.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Okay, I _loved_ the Sound of Music video. Was that some kind of Flash Mob thing? Or dare I say, Flash Dance? I loved it.