Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Truth in Advertising

Ya'll - I'm just a little bummed.

This magazine showed up in the mail the other day titled "Austin Seniors Guide." I thought, "Good. There's bound to be some coupons and two-for offers and stuff like that in there." So I glanced through the magazine and found that it was full of things like:

"Understanding Home Care" and "Is it Time to hang up the car keys?" Seriously.

Or "Dental Implants - The Tooth Replacement Solution" and "Will Hearing Aids Help Dizziness?"

Now that's stuff that might be interesting to OLD folks, but not us Seniors. I don't want to read about "What Type of Medical Transport Service Do I Need?" I want to read about who has Senior Discounts, and where you can score 50 cent coffee and two-for-the-price-of-one dining. They need to name that magazine Austin Geezers Guide. Tell it like it is.

Although I did think those scooters looked pretty sporty.

1 comment:

Jason Locke said...

You'd look good on a scooter