Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday Meanderings - Aug 24

Tee shirt seen on an employee at El Arroyo's - "Body by Queso." I can relate.

I had a new director at the recording studio the other day - just moved here from Glasgow, Scotland. She had such a lovely accent I considered making mistakes on purpose just so she could tell me about them!

Stopped in a Starbucks the other day. Not an unusual occurrence, but this time I had some time to kill before an appointment, so I sat down to drink my coffee there, which I never do. I know people talk about Starbucks as their second office, but a lot of people in there must use it as their only office! The guy next to me had more computer stuff and binders and papers out than I have at my office. During the few minutes I was there I counted 4 people come in with rolling carts and set up shop! One guy had on a headset and was obviously making calls to customers or prospects. And not to mention the woman who was crocheting a full-size afghan. Amazing.

I mentioned that almost all the Finches went away - only a couple didn't get the memo and stayed around. Now we're seeing as many as five at a time so either the stay-behinds raised a family, or the flock is passing this way again.

Mom noticed a very strange little sign posted in our neighborhood; it says "Police, do not use this neighborhood to generate $ revenue." Hmmm.

Seen on a bumper sticker: "With Republicans in power man exploits man. With Democrats, just the opposite."

And Mom encountered a kindred soul at WalMart the other day. As she was coming in a man offered her the cart he was returning,

She said: "I don't know - is it a good one?"

He said: "Well, I'm picky about my carts."

She said: "My husband is so picky he will abandon carts in the middle of the store and go get another one."

He said: "See that one over there? That was my first try."

No comments: