Monday, August 31, 2009

Monday Meanderings - Aug 31

Passing the two industrial-size chili roasters in operation at Central Market,
He said: "We better get us a case of Hatch chilies."
She said: "Yes, we should. So you can prepare them, and cook with them. And eat them."

I don't spend much time following "Mommy Blogs." Barbara from time-to-time finds rich material there, so I depend on her to let me know when there's something I should read.

However, I do read "Rocks in my Dryer" on a regular basis, and I would like to point you to a recent post which the author contributed to Parenting.com. I found it a beautiful description of Summer. From the comments, I see that not everyone shares my feelings. You can judge for yourself.

When shopping, it's important to pay attention to the labels:


Mom bought some Doggy Treats at Wal Mart the other day. I think she's softening in her stance regarding dogs. It seems she picked up a new Meals on Wheels route, and at one stop a little dog was soooo delighted to see her - but the lady of the house said - "Blondy, she's a substitute. She didn't bring you a treat." Wait'll next week, Blondy.

Tried to watch the ACU game the other night on FoxSW, but the picture was awful much of the time, so I would just switch over from the Little League World Series (I am so ready for real football to begin) to check on the score. Finally, the picture got better but the sound was just a motorboat noise, so I turned the sound off. The problem with that is you actually have to watch the game - you can't depend on the announcers tone or the crowd noise to alert you to a big play.

And Mom is laughing at me at the moment. I got up from the couch and moved to the recliner (where the laptop is) to add something to Monday Meanderings... and FORGOT IT BEFORE I GOT HERE.

Getting old sucks.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

It occurred to me that you might enjoy the writing on this "mommy blog". http://therunamuck.com/

Barbara said...

And this one! http://antiquemommy.com It's a mommy blog, but the writing is way above average, I think!

Julie said...

LOVE the Favre-free issue. And is mom talking to you with her comments, or to the rest of us?

Bob said...

She was telling me that she enjoys these Mommy-ish Blogs and that I ought to try them. Of course, if you want to try them too...