Monday, September 21, 2009

Monday Meanderings - Sep 21

Man, I hate it when the Doctor dilates my eyes when checking my vision! It takes so long before I'm seeing normal again. Uhh! Bright light! Bright Light! There, that's better.

When I get e-stim during physical therapy, they also have me lie on a hot pad. Wonderful! The other day the therapist said, "How tolerant are you of heat?" Based on my previous experiences, I said that I was tolerant. So they got me set up, and as he stepped away, he said, "If this gets too hot, say something - don't try to tough it out." Hmmm, I thought. Why is this different than the other times? I mean, it is hot. Actually it's very hot, but I can take it. Or can I? You know, I think this thing may actually burn me. Yes, this is definitely way too hot!!  HELP!!


"Okay," he said, after adding some cooling layers. "It was 170 degrees when I took it out of the steamer. I thought that might be a little hot." ONE HUNDRED SEVENTY DEGREES!! What was he thinking?! That's not therapy - that's Lobster a la carte!


So how am I doing with the orchid plant?



You're right - it is a different color. Can't get anything by you, can I? We discovered that if you close up the house, turn off the A/C and go off to California for a week during the hottest part of the summer, orchids just can't take it. And I thought they were tropical plants. So we are giving it another shot with a brand new plant that still has all it's leaves and is not curled up in a knot.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Oh, and I was so proud that you grew new flowers on yours - instead of bamboo shoots...Next time you come to CA we'll have to go out to the Orchid Barn to see all the varieties. I hear it's a great place.