Monday, September 28, 2009

Monday Meanderings - Sep 28

Mom and I went to a wedding the other evening. Let me give you a little perspective. Initially I said that this was the 1st wedding Mom had been to since Rob got married fourteen years ago. Then I remembered that she had attended another wedding a couple of years ago and after some thought remembered a family wedding only last year, so this was actually the 3rd wedding she has attended in that time frame. Thinking about that I realized that I have been to only these same three weddings  - as a guest. I've worked a lot of weddings, but I too have attended only three. This social life is killing us.

One of the interesting things about going to physical therapy is that you see such a wide variety of folk suffering alongside you. I expected the crowd to be all jocks - and I guess that is the largest group - but one often sees little old ladies and little old men (like me). Today there was a young girl about 10 and a heavily-tattooed biker type, working out side by side. The girl was leaving the biker dude in the dust, by the way. There was also someone in decidedly non-workout attire. She looked like she would have been more comfortable in a corporate boardroom. Evidently she was working in 30 minutes of ultra-sound in between meetings. And I showed you a picture of what the Goth chick was wearing. I guess rehab is an equal opportunity endeavor.

Uh-Oh. We've got a small problem on Thursday evenings. This past week I'm watching South Carolina beating up on number four Ole Miss when I realized the TV had switched channels and was now showing The Mentalist. What? It seems that on Thursdays we now tape The Mentalist back-to-back with Gray's Anatomy and our cable box won't let you tape two shows and watch a third. Have you seen the TV commercials for U-Verse where the guy hires the neighbor kids to tell him what happens when he can't watch his third program. Looks like we're that guy.  Does anybody know how the game came out?

Went to Fort Worth on Saturday to help my sis celebrate her 80th birthday. I can sum it up by telling you what was on the card our brother gave her: "We all have to get old, sooner or later." And on the inside it said, "You sooner, and me later." I just hope I am as strong and vibrant a person at 80 as my sister is. Happy birthday, Sis!

Can anyone tell me how long I-35 has been under construction at the outlet malls near Burleson? Years, and years and years!!! And they still are nowhere near finishing. What's the deal?!!

3 comments:

Rob said...

I am told that our new UVerse will let you record 3 shows while you watch a fourth ... or was that 4 while you watch a 5th?

It's sweet, whatever the case!

pat said...

Thanks for the compliment!

I really get sick of those UVerse commercials but to keep watching The Mentalist it might be worth the investment.

Julie said...

We must not have UVerse around here, because I'm not familiar with it. I can see the advantage of it, though...