Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday Meanderings 3.21.2011

At last! Bluebonnets! Weeks late and pretty sparse, but Bluebonnets.

This past week at Recording for the Blind., I was assigned a book entitled "Juvenile Delinquency,"  a text that dealt primarily with what was current in that area of Criminal Justice. The section I read dealt with Community Service programs as part of probation. Have I mentioned that sometimes we get "volunteers" that are there because a judge has sentenced them to Community Service? Do you want to guess why my Director was there? Awkward.

And on Wednesday I was assigned a Junior-High level book on the "Little Rock Nine," about the nine black students who were initially denied admission to Little Rock's Central High School when Gov. Faubus called out the National Guard, then later were enrolled under the watchful eye of the 101st Airborne Division, sent by Eisenhower.  I was seething by the end of my session. Not Arkansas' finest hour.

I've been working on taxes this week. Barb just loves it when I come ask questions like "Do you have a receipt from that charity luncheon you attended back in February?"

Seen on a bumper sticker: "Witches Parking. Violators will be toad"

Well, it was a pretty short NCAA tournament for the home teams. However, this takes all the anxiety out of it for us as it now makes no difference whatsoever who wins.

And for all those who spent a care-free week at the beach, here's a look back at what you didn't see.

1 comment:

Bill said...

I think you have the wrong Monday...unless you are living in the future. Bill