Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My Amazing New Blog - Foodie Version

I told you last week that I am taking this blog in new directions; amazing, lucrative directions. I asked for input and fewer than thousands suggested that I test the demographics of each new direction. In response, here's my first offering for those of you in my focus group. You know who you are. So, here's presenting - - -


Two (or Three, or maybe Five) Ingredient Fudge

 Ingredients:
  1. A package of chocolate chips. Indulge - get the good ones
  2. A tub of chocolate frosting. Surely you can handle this without any help
  3. Some (or none) chopped nuts - it's your fudge; do what you like
  4. A splash of vanilla
  5. A pinch of salt
Those last 2 are totally optional; use them to keep the store-bought frosting from tasting like...well, store-bought.

Pour the chocolate chips in a microwave bowl. Nuke 'em. Okay, if you are a Newbie, microwave in one minute intervals, stirring between each until the chips are all melted. Usually takes about 3 shots.

Pour the frosting (and nuts and other stuff, if you want) into the chocolate and stir it up. It'll take a little effort but then you can tell people how you slaved over this.

Put 'er back in the microwave and nuke it another minute.

Stir it up again - it should be a piece of...uh, fudge this time. If not, do it again for 30 seconds or so. Pour it in a greased (or wax-paper lined) 8x8 pan.

Chill. You in the recliner, the fudge in the fridge.

Serves:   One. What! You think I'm going to share this?

Serving Suggestion:  Cut in half. Eat one half now and the other when you are done with the first. If you are on a diet, cut in smaller pieces.

Next on Baking with Bobby - No mix, No sweat Cobbler.


So there you have the Foodie version of my blog. Let me know what you think. Operators are standing by.

3 comments:

pat said...

Oh, you definitely found your calling!

Barbara said...

And I think chocolate chips and coconut pecan (German Chocolate) frosting may be even better.

Cynthia Agnell said...

What are you thinking? Andersons don't cook.