Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Chuy's Culinary Tour

 
Since I have become a major stockholder and part owner of Chuy's restaurants (you didn't think I could pass up that opportunity, did you?), I am wondering if the time has come to visit each and every one of my locations. You know what they say: "If you have seen one Chuy's, you have seen one Chuy's."
 
So I have done some digging and it looks like I'm going to have to get busy. At this point in time, early October, 2012, there are 38 Chuy's Restaurants in 8 states:
Texas has 24 locations - Austin (5), Houston area (7) Dallas-Ft Worth (6) San Antonio (2), College Station, Lubbock, Waco and Tyler one each.Tennessee has 5, Kentucky/Indiana has 4 (soon to have 5), Oklahoma has 2, and Alabama, Georgia, and Florida each have one each.
 
Obviously, the place to start is right here at home, and I'm ashamed to admit that there are 2 local Chuy's that I have not been to - the one out on IH-35 toward Round Rock and the one on William Cannon, way south. Before, it just didn't make sense to pass a Chuy's only 2 miles from the house to visit one 18 miles away, but now I think it's important that I check on my investment, don't you? Shoot, they are probably expecting me, don't you think?
 
I've been working on the route, and it's harder than it looks. I may have to get AAA to work out one of those route maps - it's a lot of driving to cover all 38 cities. Maybe I need to get an RV and then the little woman and I can hit the road and start chowing down on Creamy Jalapeno dip and Chuychangas (with queso) nationwide. We could just stay out there until the job is done. Come to think of it, if they we keep opening up new locations fast enough, we might be on the road a long, long time. "Day 12. Probably ought to call the kids."
 
By the way, the market has been kind of up and down lately, so my 2 shares have earned enough for... well, uh... okay, you get free queso during happy hour. I'm in! Who's coming with us?
 

1 comment:

pat said...

Knowing you, having them build one in your neighborhood would be a better option.