Monday, November 2, 2009

Monday Meanderings - Nov 2

In Austin you are never quite sure about the people you see dressed in strange garb while you are out and about. Is it because they were dressing up for the office Halloween party, or is it just another day in Austin?

I have an update on the "All you had to do was ask" sign. It appears that it is an individual hacked off at the City of Comanche after some unknown but seemingly heavy handed action on the part of the City. How do I know this? I called the newspaper in Comanche and talked to a very helpful reporter.

I can't persuade Mom that just because there might be a Volkswagen Beetle in a large parking lot of cars she can't claim a Swat Bug on me. She says I'm inflexible, rulewise.

Last weekend McCoy and Shipley played football - against each other. This was little brother Case McCoy and little Brother Jaxson Shipley, playing for Graham and Brownwood Highs, respectively. Case has already committed to UT; it's a pretty good bet Jaxson will too. The American Statesman calls this McCoy to Shipley, the Sequel. Sounds good to me.

Christmas came early this weekend. Santa brought Mom an iTouch. Santa was going to surprise her, but her Palm is in the middle of electronic death throes. Now what was going to be a covert migration of appointments and addresses is an all out emergency. And of course, you know the deal (repeat after me...) NOTHING IS EVER EASY! More on this later.

And a couple of weeks ago we pulled into the Dairy Queen in Goldthwaite and noticed a car that was only about 1/3 in the parking space - the rest was sticking out into the driveway. As we left, the driver of the car - an elderly lady - was getting behind the wheel and a man called out to her and asked her about her parking style. She said, "I'm 84 years old. What do you expect from me?"  I really like that response; I'm planning on using it myself. Soon.

1 comment:

pat said...

There are some really fun free game apps for the iTouch - for use when you are stuck in waiting rooms etc.

But you need a Mac - so you can sync your iTunes, iCal, iPhoto, address book, etc.

Actually I'm sure you can do that from your PC too.