Monday, November 30, 2009

Monday Meanderings - Nov 30

Barb put up the UT flag after Thanksgiving. The other day a door-to-door salesman knocked and when she answered the door he said, "We're selling University of Oklahoma jerseys. Would you be interested?" And then just laughed. He didn't make a sale.

Conversation while waiting for our meal order to be served:

He said:  "You certainly are enjoying the game you downloaded to your iTouch."
She said: "Hmmhu."
He said:  "Who would have thought that you would be one to get absorbed in a computer game?"
She said: "Only when there's absolutely nothing else to do besides talk to my husband."

Only in Austin. Capital Metro - that fine entity that has for eight years been unable to put rail service on an existing 32-mile railway running from Leander-to-Austin has outdone themselves. Years behind schedule, millions over budget and unable to even project a starting date, this august body has... RAISED THE RATES for a rail service that doesn't exist!

I got a call-back on my audition! Wow, first an actual audition then a call-back. There was a read-off between me and another hopeful. Don't know if it was the Grammy winner or not, but they got the part. I'll get over my disappointment. Quickly. At least I know the other guy is really good.

I find, much to my chagrin, that I did not try hard enough to find a replacement for Fang the coffee pot. I simply needed to think outside the box...uh, jar.


1 comment:

Julie said...

Hmmm. Grape jelly jar...perhaps with the money you make once you get the part you can splurge for a new coffee pot.