Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday Meanderings - Nov 9

The past couple of weeks have been a wonderful reminder of why we live in Austin - beautiful weather; warm sunny days and cool crisp evenings, a little bit of color in the trees. And we get this twice a year!

What does United Parcel Service UPS have in common with my cart at WalMart this week? Neither one turns left. Well, the cart would if you just shoved it sideways with a great deal of shrieking of the wheels against the tile. I wonder why Mom wouldn't walk with me?

What's better than working three days a week? Working two days a week. Bit of a backlog at the office - waiting on others, so my manager suggested I take Thursday off too. I like the way he thinks!

Finally replaced Fang, the lethal-looking coffee maker. Tried to find a pot to replace the one with the broken, jagged pour spout. No such luck. Looked at makers often, but the rage seems to computer-controlled, barista-approved, bean-grinding brewing systems. I do not want to wake up to the sound of coffee beans grinding; I just want a simple maker with a removable basket. The unit I got still has too many bells and whistles, lights and buttons, but I was able to make a good cup of coffee (after a couple of trys) so I guess it's okay.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh, if you had just waited we (your children) would have bought you one for Christmas. Then again, we probably would have gone for all the bells and whistles...

pat said...

I don't even drink coffee but I feel your pain. I make tea in my coffee maker -very old coffee maker.
I live in fear that I will break one of the carafes and have to go to yard sales until I find one that will fit
(yard sales are for selling not buying).

I had to get a new one for the lake a few years ago, although there are very few coffee drinkers in my family, and I poured water all over the place trying to find out how to make it work.

I now make tea in the microwave when I'm there.